View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 05:11 AM   #431
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

A couple more things I noticed:

Quote:
Guy is currently worth $4.2 million. I don't really have anyone to replace him yet (or I mean I don't have anyone to replace the guys who will replace him). So I decide to renew him for 1 yr, $725,660 and hold off my decision for another year.

He's only 27 and still exploding in value(4.1 mil compared to 2.6 a year ago. Never mind the fact that I haven't hit the quarter-million mark yet with any of my current 'stars' :P). If it was me I'd bite the bullet and keep riding that horse, at least until it's close to peaking and he's not six years away from the mandatory selling age.

Also, I notice you don't use wide players much; Hoffman's the only recent starter, Willoughby and now Lange off the bench. I've found fullbacks to be invaluable on my restart and am going to start experimenting the more forward positions. One of my initial crop, RD Saegno, had unimpressive defence but mid-30s Control at the start, so he was able to push up the wing, retain possession for a turn, then instigate and attack. I found this very useful despite a general lack of particularly effective forwards. The other clubs like to camp out on the wings to hold the ball as well if they are playing defensively or protecting a lead; I'm wondering what you do about that at your level with no natural players out there?

Gotta learn from you so I can skip a few road bumps .

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 08-11-2018 at 05:11 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote