View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #353
Radii
Head Coach

September 22th, 2015

Woking(5-2-1, 3rd) @ Grimsby(1-4-3, 22nd)

We're very slim favorites on the road today, 6:4 over Grimsby's 13:8. We've never beaten Grimsby, 0-1-3 lifetime against them, including the final game of the season last year where a win would have gotten uns into the playoffs. Before the match grimsby's manager states that he knows how big a threat Harsanyi is and that he must be stopped at all costs. I wonder if he konws we have another forward who is twice the threat right next to him. I hope not!

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Smith/V Taylor/Ogogo
MC: ferry/Middleton
AM: Colin/N'Diaye
FC: D Taylor/Constantino

Some changes today due to fatigue, HArsanyi isn't fully ready to go after his injury so I am startnig Dan Taylor. Ferry/Middleton in the midfield and N'Diaye in for N'Guessan at AMR. We come out on the attach.

3': We give up a corner early, they take it short and a shot is saved by Lynch, we clear it out. Pretty dangerous looking.

8': We control the ball in their end for a good long while, Taylor holding it in the corner, passig it into the penalty area leading to 3 more passes before N'Diaye fires a shot that's blocked wide for a corner. We earn a second corner that's cleared out. We try to push the ball back in for another attack but they finally clear it away for good.

17': We clear it out after an attack, their last line of DC's picks it up, but constantino tackles the ball away. He's off to the races all on his own! He gets close to the penalty area, their DC on the other side closes in and Constantno goes wide. We still have a nice advantage, Constantino plays the ball back to Ogogo, he puts a cross perfectly to the far end of the 6 yard box, Colin is there and gets his head on it, its in the goal!!! 1-0

35': We bring the ball foward and are looking to get it into the area, Middleton makes a great pass to the left to Colin, Colin gets behind the defense, but instead of trying to shoot from a semi-difficult angle, he tries to possess the ball and it gives the defense time to get there and tackle it behind. Corner comes to nothing. I don't like that indecisiveness.

43': We cut into an attack in progress for this highlight, Colin has a shot blocked but we retain possession, nikolaou has it out left, he puts a cross into the 6 yard area, Constantino is there and heads it in!! There were two defenders trying to get to that one and Constantino just got to the ball first. 2-0

HALF: This is a lot different than our last match. Our defense is playing great. This isn't a situation where they are getting lots of chances but we've been putting them away so far. We are dominating this thing and Grimsby seems to have no chance. We have 7 shots, 3 on target, two clear cut strikes, both for goals. They ahve 5 shots but juts 1 on target, 2 from long range.

48': We get the first two shots of the half, both on nice crosses from Colin and nikolaou, but both are headed over.

53': they have their first successful through ball to scare me a bit, but the defense closes well and Vince Taylor puts it behind for a corner that we clear out.

56': Grimsby Defender O'Loughlin is given a yellow for a tackle near midfield.

65': oh my god constantino is so fast. we clear a ball out of the defensive end and look to counter attack. Dan Taylor has it and plays a ball foward from 40 yards out into the penalty area. constantino was breaking back as to not be offsides... he was going the wrong way... yet he turns, begins to sprint, and simply outruns the defender to the ball and scores easily. 3-0

73': They get a counter attack, getting the ball quickly down the right side, there's a centering pass, Ogogo is deemed to have missed an interception on the pass, and they complete it and connect for an easy goal. 3-1

73': Mike Williams in for Constantino, I change ot a 5-4-1 formation and change to a counter attacking strategy. I had made that sub order before the goal was scored...

80': Thomas in for Nikolaou at DL

They get a couple attacks in the final minutes but nothing seriously threatening.

Grimsby 1 : 3 Woking

MoM: Constantino (8.8)
Goals: Constantino 2, Colin (8.0)
Assists: Ogogo (6.7), Nikolaou (7.7), D. Taylor (7.8)
Notables: V. Taylor (7.1), Middleton(7.3)

This is the 3rd game in a row we've taken a 3-0 lead.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote