View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #3
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I awaken, very shaken and very disoriented. There are flames everywhere. I still hear moaning and screaming. Blood curdling screams that sound as if someone is being ripped apart. Have I died? Is this hell? I fear the answer to the latter is yes, no matter what the answer to the former is.

I hear a voice calling out through the flames. Calling out for survivors. I must make my way towards that voice, maybe I can find safety.

I stumble forward and hear the voice again, this time my mind can makes sense of the words, as I begin to regain a little composure. I believe the voice claims to be a Sheriff; Reinhart I believe.

I see bodies, death is all around. The voice calls out again. Says that anyone alive should be careful, and be prepared to defend themselves. Defend themselves? From what?

I see a suitcase next to a motionless body. Searching the suitcase I find a bat (who travels with a baseball bat?). I grab that as there is nothing else that looks like it would be useful.

Continuing forward... Where is the voice? How can I escape the flames?

I find a gap in the flames near a fence. There is another person standing near the fence, must be the source of the voice. I head towards the man and call out "help me..." Then clarity sets in... My family? Where is my family?

"Help me find my family!!!!"

I near the man, he turns with a moan. His face! His face is half gone and he has an empty stare, not a disoriented empty state but an empty stare that tells me I am in serious trouble.

He lurches towards me flailing out an arm. I duck and swing the bat with all of my force. It lands with a crashing blow and he drops to the ground. The swing took most of any energy that is left in my body, I nearly collapse from the momentum but then hear the voice again.

Regaining my balance I stumble forward. I find an opening in the fence and see a face. That is the last thing I remember of that night...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote