View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #4
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I have no idea how much time had passed while I was out. As I awaken I hear the sound of arguing. I have no idea where I am or who I am hearing.

"Hello?"

They come into view as my eyes focus. There is a small group gathered together and I obviously interrupted some disagreement.

"You are safe" I am told.

I see five people. They are a little ragged and it seems that the stress of the situation they have been thrust into has taken its toll on their psyche.

"We are in the basement of a school." The person identifies themselves as Davis.

A middle aged woman says rather gruffly "You are lucky that my daughter was here." I can tell by her tone that she doesn't seem to want me here.

"Mom, stop."

Davis introduces the daughter as Renee, he them motions to a woman in a bed and identifies her as Elaine, she looks like she is recovering still.

"This is Joel, Officer Joel."

Joel seems to be personable and introduces himself officially.

"What is happening? Where is my family?"

The tone suddenly turns somber. There is a pause before Davis tells me that there were few survivors... I am overtaken by confusion, sadness, grief, anger, denial... it seems that every state of the grieving process has hit me at once along with the confusion of the situation.

"I have to go find them!"

"It has ben over a week" Davis says, seemingly trying to add comfort into his tone. "We have not found anyone else."

Everyone falls silent...

"You are in Texas, a town called Splendid."

"I can't stay here!"

"It is your only choice right now. We are secure, we have a generator and some food." I can hear the doubt in his voice. "Please take some time to look around. This is your new home, like it or not. If we can work together we can make the best of it."

They disperse and leave me to look around...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote