View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 12:46 PM   #8
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, the game plays out rather conventionally from here:

Spoiler

I end up committing to the Market card for a series of $5 hands... that card is tempting, but it's really sub-optimal unless you have a reason to use all its facets. I only used 2x Buys once, I think... so I basically was spending $5 to get a boring (+1 Card, +1 Action, +$1) which wouldn't properly cost that much (cf. Poacher...costs $4 with a downside that wouldn't have been relevant in this game).

The game ends up as a slog at the end, we both gain lots of points, but struggle to finish off the Province pile. Council Room is a great card for these situations, and he gets one to land the final game-winning Province.

Bot 38
Quik 34

Code:
Lord Rattington: 6 Curses, 7 Coppers, 4 Silvers, 3 Golds, 5 Estates, 3 Duchies, 5 Provinces and 2 Council Rooms QuikSand: 3 Coppers, a Silver, a Gold, 7 Estates, 3 Duchies, 3 Provinces, 4 Markets, a Moneylender and a Witch

Could have gone either way... should I have bought a second Witch and just taken silvers with my $5 hands? Perhaps. If I play this game over and over, I suspect the BM+CR bot approach and my Moneylander/Witch would roughly split it.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote