View Single Post
Old 06-29-2004, 02:08 PM   #67
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs
Most females, especially at 14, want feelings and affection to go along with sex. A 23-year-old man who talks a 14-year-old girl into sex generally needs to trick her into thinking he has feelings for her. This is very easy for a guy to do with a teenage girl who is vulnerable and needy and troubled enough to consider sleeping with a 23-year-old man. Predatory as hell.

With a male, no feelings necessary. See pretty girl, hump pretty girl. No emotional scars. Heck, I think the only real harm this kid will have is due to the national exposure aspect, and the fact that millions of guys now think he's an idiot for not keeping this secret. The actual sex with the hot 23-year-old blonde probably just gave him a self-esteem boost.

The woman, though, is deeply, deeply disturbed. If you're 23 and immature you're more likely to target much older guys than 14 yr old boys -- this would go way beyond immaturity.

Very good points, and I agree with you. Thing is, there will be women out there, especially mothers of young teenage boys, that will disagree with you and say this is a B.S. double-standard.

I also think that there are some exceptions to the above generalities that make these assumptions a bit risky - there are almost certainly some young girls out there just looking for some action with no real emotional component necessary, and there are almost certainly some sensitive young boys out there that place deep emotional attachment to sex.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote