View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 04:30 AM   #668
Radii
Head Coach

We're working on our midfield, and we have two signings in place that rely on work permits. One is for a young Korean kid that is playing in France currently, hopefully that one goes through? The other is for an older Ukranian, no idea there. Well really no idea on either as I have little idea how this works in practice. I assumed if you were cleared to play in France you were cleared to play in England.

We should find out in a week or so. The problem with that is I have a Man U midfielder I might consider buying and might lose out on if I put it off til after the decisions on these work permits. The Man U midfielder is rated as better than Donnelly but would cost me $2M or so for a guy in his 30s.

Oh well, press Continue and see how it shakes out...

New Signing

This is my first, and perhaps my biggest "splash" to be had in the transfer market. We pay OM (that's Olympique de Marseille), a top 5 team in the French league throughout the course of this dynasty, $4 Million and welcome Korean 22 y/o MC/AMC Kang Soo-Jin to Ipswich!

Soo-Jin has one of my favorite attributes, he's a speed demon out there. 17 pace/17 acceleration. 14 agility/14 stamina too. He's very solid mentally, 14 off the ball/14 flair/12 decisions/12 creativity, Composure is 7 so it'll be interesting to see how that manifests.

He's damn talented too. 15 dribbling/15 passing/10 tackling/12 finishing/13 first touch.

Our scouts say that Soo-Jin is "twice the Attacking Midfielder of Neil Gordon" and on the same level with Gordon Donnelly.

We're not done in the midfield for sure. We filled our midfield with loaners last year so two signings won't finish the job for us, but I'm pretty damn excited about this one.

-- After this signing... "a leading financial newspaper has praised Ipswich's wisdom in purchasing Kang Soo-Jin. They believe that this transfer will cause a surge of merchandise sales to soccer fans in South Korea" Hell yea!

And indeed, Soo-Jin *is* a star in South Korea. At age 22 he's got 33 caps and 10 goals for South Korea!

-- I almost forgot to mention it... he's going to get a raise each year for the next 3 years but he's signed at only $18,250/wk for now.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote