View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #677
Radii
Head Coach

-- We're up to 22,912 season tickets sold. About done there, maybe a few hundred more at most.

-- We stick with Troy Brown as our team captain and Alex Bruce as vice captain.

Friendly #6

Our last friendly is at Porto, one of the best teams in Portugal. They've finished in the top 4 all 9 years of this dynasty, including 3 league titles.

A Yebda turnover in the 11th minute is squarely to blame for Porto's first goal. Their second goal in the 22nd minute isn't the outright fault of anyone but Bruce and Yebda are both taken advantage of as their quicker players burn us badly.

We get one back in the 46th minute on a great counterattack, Khan does most of the work before laying the ball off to Constantino for an easy goal at the last minute. They score in the 58th minute, Yebda passes a ball back to our defenders to restart an attack and one of their forwards just goes in and takes it away and is off to the races. We get a penalty in the 78th minute and Khan makes it a one goal game again.

That ends a pretty fast paced exciting match for our last friendly.

Porto 3 : 2 Ipswich

Hassan Yebda takes the blame for 2 of the 3 goals by himself, and rightfully so. That leads to one of the worst ratings I've ever seen, 3.6.

-- Six of my players are called up for international friendlies. DR McKerr for Northern Ireland, DMC Guarin for Colombia, MC Kang Soo-Jin for South Korea, DC Troy Brown for Wales, MC McDonald Mariga for Kenya, and DMC Hassan Yebda for Algeria. I give orders for Soo-Jin and Brown to not play more than 45 minutes.

Loan Out

Hull has requested to loan DLC Jack Hughes. My coaches believe he's ready for prime time with the senior squad. I completely disagree and want to give him a season in the Championship at Hull to see how he does.

Loan In

Welcome 32 y/o ST Valeri Bojinov to Ipswich. He's contracted by Getafe in La Liga in spain but they're pretty much done with him. I could have bought him for $300k or so, but they gave me the option to loan him in for the year for a fee of $50k and only want me to pay half his salary ($12k of his $24k total per week). For a one year stop gap the loan seems a good deal.

Physical: Pace 10/Accel 11, all ratings between 9-13.

Mental: Off the Ball 17, Determination 15, Flair 14, Work Rate 13. Teamwork is 10, everything else in 11-14.

Technical: Finishing 16, First Touch 15, Dribbling 14, Passing 13, Technique 15.

Our scouts believe he's our 3rd best striker behind Khan and Constantino and he'll see a good bit of playing time if he can be productive for us.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote