View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 12:51 AM   #682
Radii
Head Coach

August 21st, 2018

Ipswich @ Nottingham Forest

Just like our first match, We're 11:5 to win today, Nottingham Forest are even money. We have a long history with them going 4-2-5 lifetime, but haven't played since the 15/16 season as they promoted up and seem to have made it stick this time with finishes of 12th and 14th the last 2 years.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Bruce/Brown/Berthet
DMC: Guarin
MC: Mariga/Kang
AMC: Gordon
ST: Khan/Constantino

ST Ivan Popov is their dangerman and I release a statement to the media saying he seems impossible to stop, hopefully putting the spotlight on him. He's scored 18 and 15 goals in his last two years in the EPL for Nottingham. Their other front man is Chris Wood who scored 11 goals for them last season.

Berthet starts today at DR. We'll go out there today looking to counter attack.

2': They control it from the outset, passing back into the defense before moving forward. There's a pass in from the right to midfielder Moseley, he takes a shot from 25 yards out and buries it into the left side of the net, Murphy had no chance and our defense wasn't lined up well to challenge him. 0-1

5': We win the ball and try to counter, there's no immediate break to be had, but after a little buildup, Kang finds Constantino in the area, a perfect poachers move... Constantino hits the post from near point blank range, massive choke there.

19': Weve actually shot 7 times to their 2 here.. but all our stuff is way off target or super long range, but we have been working hard to get the ball forward.

23': Gordon with a yellow for a tackle in their offensive end. They get a free kick from 35 yards out or so and put it back in play to build up on offense, we cut out their attack nicely though.

35': We work the ball forward after they lose it on offense, passed to Kang a solid 30 yards out, he shoots from there, its almost perfectly placed, it hits the crossbar though, so very close.

44': There's the counterattack! We win it in their end and push ahead quickly, a pass to Khan near midfield, a ball lobbed forward left that Constantino is first two, he controls it well, 3 defenders converge to him, he passes to Khan, Khan into the area and he beats the keeper!!! I thought we had a goal in us today, now to see if we can find a second. 1-1

HALF: We're playing really really well, we've taken 12 shots, though I think many I didn't see in highlights, I dunno. Just 3 on target, 2 clear cut chances and the one goal. They have 5 shots, just 1 on target for the goal. Possession is even as are most of the other stats. Come on guys, get a point today!!

50': EPL Speed becomes really apparent here, we win a ball in defense and there's a long ball forward, Constantino has a line on it and at any other level he simply outruns the defense for an easy goal. Here the defender keeps up with him and wins a key tackle before he gets into the penalty area.

56': They control it on offense for a good while... finally sending it out left, cross into the area, and Mariga is deemed to have gone up unfairly with their striker... its a penalty. They bury it and we trail. 1-2

59': We have some very nice buildup, a nice series of passes around hte left side has Magira get into the area, send a pass over to Gordon for a decent looking shot, but right at the keeper.

62': Yebda in for Gordon, Gordon has a 5.6 rating and a yellow and took a little knock to hurt his fitness. Kang moves up to AMC, Yebda MC next to Mariga.

67': We give up a couple corners, on the second they get a solid header off, Muyrphy has to dive to save it, it deflects back into play and Kang is there to clear.

76': Kang with a yellow.

78': Bojinov in for an ineffective Constantino, McKerr in for an exhausted Berthet and we're going to try to attack for the final 15 minutes.

81': Mariga with a yellow.

92': We earn a corner, this could be our last chance, just another minute or so of added time. Its cleared easily, we recover and send it back forward and earn a throwin. We get a cross in from Magira, Bojinov with a header, its over... and that's the game.

Nottingham Forest 2: 1 Ipswich

Man of the Match: Matthew Khan (8.2)
Goals: Khan
Assists: Kang (6.6)
Notables: Kirkland (7.0)

Gordon a 5.6, Brown a 6.1, Constantino a 6.4.

I thought Constantino made the pass to Khan for the goal, but we had a few people near the penalty area, I guess Constantino got it to Kang who knocked it a few feet over to Khan, I couldn't tell in the highlights, assist to Kang tho.

Two close losses on the road. This one was frustrating as we had a couple clear cut chances missed, one by Constantino that is hard to chalk up to anything but stage fright, and of course gave up a penalty to break the 1:1 tie.

Next up is Chelsea, then the League Cup, then finally one we have a legit shot to win against Huddersfield.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote