View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 10:53 AM   #694
Radii
Head Coach

October Update

-- We play on the 6th, 20th, and 28th this month and a 2 week break for more Euro Championship Qualifiers. I think we had a match rescheduled around here somewhere as well. We travel to Old Trafford on the 20th to play Manchester United. Whee! With so little action I may have a the backups playing on the reserve team to keep warm.

-- The board is pleased with my leadership this year. Our increase in stature remains a positive. Our 0-2 defeat to Sheffield Utd is a negative. We made $882,000 last month profit. That's a bit low considering $4.76M in TV revenue. Still, we're currently sitting on a profit of $14.5M on the season and instead of the usual slow (or sometimes not so slow) drain on profits throughout the year the TV contract is allowing us to continue to bring in money. We have a positive cash balance of $6.4 Million right now.

Injury Update

-- Matthew Khan hurts his shoulder in the weight room. He's going to miss 3-4 weeks. Its just Oct 2nd so he'll miss 3 matches only most likely.

-- Zeki Fryers doesn't show up for training and I issue a warning. He's getting a lot of playing time right now but he's still unhappy with me and wants out. He does accept his warning.

October 6th, 2018

Ipswich(1-0-5, 19th) @ Everton(3-0-4, 12th)

Everton are huge 1:2 favorites at their house today. We're 9:2 to win and 13:5 to draw. We're 0-1-1 lifetime against Everton.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Bruce/McKerr/Berthet
DMC: Yebda
MC: Mariga/Donnelly
AMC: Kang
ST: Bojinov/Constantino

Yebda starts at DMC, Bojinov and Constantino up front today with Khan hurt and Lewis tired. Midfielder Jack Rodwell is listed as Everton's dangerman. He's an impressive looking player but hasn't done much this year so far in 7 matches, 0 goals/0 assists. He's valued at $16 Million and makes $125,000/wk though!

We'll try to counter again.

7': Constant pressure from Everton. They've shot 4 times and had 3 corners, but mostly just stuff off target.

9': Buildup from everton, they get a header from about 10 yards out that hits the crossbar... so close to a goal there.

23': They get a long ball forward and a striker gets to it, its the first clear cut chance of the match and Murphy makes a reflex save, whew. They've got 8 shots already.

36': On their 6th corner of the match we try to clear it out but they get it right abck into the area and Kardec on their 11th shot they finally get one past Murphy. 0-2

HALF: Everton has 15 shots, 7 on target, 3 clear cut chances. We have 0 shots. 61/39 possession edge to Everton. This is awful.

52': Kang shoots from 25 yards out, its blocked by a defender. Its our first shot of the match.

53': One of their strikers simply embarrasses Alex Bruce, moving right around him to earn a wide open shot from close range, their 4th clear cut chance. Murphy comes up huge again with the stop and we clear the corner out.

54': midfielder O'Sullivan blasts a shot from 20 yards and a good bit left of center into the right side of the net. 0-2

58': Rob Lewis in for Constantino, Adriano in for Kirkland and a recently cleared to play Troy Brown in for Alex Bruce. All guys who need to get some minutes and this is a lost cause.

69': Jack Rodwell with a yellow for Everton.

73': A very nice looking shot from Kang at the edge of the penalty area is our first on target shot, saved unfortunately.

They kill off the rest of this easily.

Everton 2 : 0 Ipswich

That's as soundly as we've been beaten to date. Any time we tried to counter they instantly dispossessed Constantino/Bojinov with 100% reliability. They ended up shooting 31 times.

Their midfielder Lee O'Sullivan is man of the match.

On our side Murphy put up a 7.0, so did Mariga. Bruce had a 5.3, he's been really bad this year.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote