View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #52
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
So Match.com has been an epic fail.

Nobody emails me back from there. My sister and my brother-in-law read my profile and said it looked fine to them (what do they know, who knows).

On the other hand - eharmony was apparently doing a couple months free or something (?), and I've been using that for the last month or so. Still a lot of girls not getting back to me, but two have progressed to the emailing stage, and have said they're down to meet up for coffee (which they said right before I went on vacation for a week).

1 in particular seems really easy to converse with via email.

So I'm going to set those up and we'll see - will keep you all posted.

Sister also said I should get out there in the world and volunteer (animal shelter maybe?), and/or get a dog, and do some coed rec sports in order to meet more people.

All good advice.

I've found match.com to be nothing more than a money pit for me. Plus they don't deactivate long dead profiles, so you will see profiles that probably haven't been active for years in your daily matches, etc...I would filter out any profile where the last activity was 'over 3 weeks ago'.

I still get emails from match saying 'x number of women have viewed your profile'. Really? Even though I canceled that account months ago. So, if they are still viewing my canceled profile, imagine how many that you looked at or perhaps even emailed that have been inactive for months or years.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote