View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #73
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by current match.com profile - titled "I know you're out there somewhere"
Yes you.

I feel like I'm finally at a point in my life where I have a lot to offer to the right person, so now to find that person.

Me:
I'm honest, funny, caring and kind-hearted. I'm a romantic, looking for my Cinderella. I'm an introvert, but I'm always trying to be more extroverted. I'll notice your new pair of heels and how well they go with your new outfit. I'm close with my family (oldest of 4), and see them regularly. Have a small group of close friends who have been in my life 20 years.

I don't know what else you'd like to know, but feel free to fire away - I'm an open-book.

You:
-Honest
-Equally at home on the couch on a Friday night watching a movie in sweats, or dressed up for a night out
-Someone who can hold their own in an intellectual conversation, but is also capable of just letting go and laughing and having a good time with simple things
-One thing that I've always said that I want to find is someone who you can just sit there in silence and be comfortable in that silence
-Oh, don't be a hypocrite. That's pretty much as important as being honest. Hypocrites drive me nuts.

I'd love to know more about you:
Are you a morning person or a night person?
If a genie appeared and told you that he could grant you three wishes, and only three (no wishing for unlimited wishes), what would they be?
What are your simplest and most extravagant pleasures?

New profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 584 words about me

So I guess if you want my address and phone number you should message me. Just let me know if you're a stalker when you do - I can only handle two at a time. Thanks!

According to the green (and we're all conditioned to think green is good right?), I'm supposed to talk about the following topics to be successful.

1) Hobbies: I can't say that I have any real hobbies. Not very helpful here POF. I don't have an organic garden, I don't build ships-in-a-bottle, and I don't collect anything. Everybody relaxes after a long day of work by reading and watching TV, but that doesn't count I assume. I exercise 6 days a week, but I'm not sure that's a hobby - it's a necessity. I could use real hobbies, so if you come complete with one or two that's bonus points for you.

2) Goals and aspirations: I like my job - I value being successful at it. I'm a partner in a small business in the financial industry. Some might say that I work too hard and need to let it go more, but I care and I give it my all. That translates into what I'm looking for in a relationship too. I want someone who's looking to be an equal partner in a relationship that's an important part of their life. I know that other things (job, kids) will be important too, but I want to know that someone values me and is thinking about me.

3) How am I unique?: I'm a college-educated white male in my 30s. Hopefully that's not unique, but you never know on POF.
-I hold the door open for people behind me
-I broke my finger in my car door at the age of 33. That's gotta be unique!
-I return my shopping cart to the cart-return at the grocery store instead of leaving it in an empty parking spot

4) Music: I like to say that my musical evolution slowed to a crawl in the late 90s. I enjoy listening to most music, but I'm not going to hold my own in conversations about new bands the same as I would in a conversation about 90s music, or even classic 70s-80s stuff.

Some other things about me:
5) I believe that people cheat at Words With Friends. You don't even have to download a separate app to cheat anymore - they built the cheats right into the game now. I'll play with family, because if they cheat I know where they live and they know they'll never hear the end of it.

6) I didn't get a Facebook account until after my grandmother did. I don't Tweet - 140 characters can't contain all that I have to say. I've never used Instagram or Foursquare. I don't believe that everybody should know everywhere I've been. Most of the time when I do post a link on Facebook it's a way of saving it for myself so I can look at it after work.

7) Hypocrites drive me nuts.

8) I'm looking for someone who I can carry on great conversation with, but also who we're comfortable sitting in silence together.

9) TBD

That's all for now, but don't be shy - reach out and ask anything you want to know. I'm an open book.

I'm sure you have 1000 messages a day to read through, so if I interest you, drop me a line and I'll guarantee I'll get back to you.
-- it's actually 585 words, so we'll see if someone picks that up
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote