View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #467
Radii
Head Coach

To follow up on some comments I'd made over the course of my last few runs on Strava, I had my followup with my podiatrist yesterday, he gave me an extra round of anti-inflammatory pills and i'm going to use the exercise bike for the next two weeks, no running to try to let it fully heal. This is to try to knock out a problem I've been dealing with since April with sesamoiditis (inflammation in the bones near the big toe/ball of the foot). I've been using shoe inserts that the doctor gave me back in April, and using an anti-inflammatory cream, and icing it every day whether it hurts or not (except when it doesn't hurt I only remember to do it every 2nd or 3rd day). Doing all of that starting back in April allowed me to keep running while it was healing and the doc says it looks much better now than it did when I first saw him, but its obviously not completely gone. I want it completely gone if that's possible and staying off it for a time is the best way to do that.

We have an exercise bike in our garage that my dad used some for physical therapy a number of years ago, I spent 25 minutes on it tonight, its the most boring thing in the world, so hopefully it won't take more than 2 weeks of rest to get back to where I can run without having to worry about this.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote