View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #14
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Its definitely inappropriate. The OSS seems harsh unless he has a history of this.

My thoughts are that 17 year olds are dumbshits. Just a pile of hormones and a developing brain that is transitioning from a child to an adult. They are going to say and do dumb stuff. I cringe at the stuff I would say and do at that age.

So instead of shaming the kid with an OSS, it would probably be better to give a detention, explain what the issue is, and maybe have them read some material on why that is inappropriate during the detention.

No history of it at all. There was a thing going around social media to #FreeXXXX once other kids heard why he was in OSS.

Heck, when I was around that age, we had a few sayings that related to girls. Typically it would go like this:

"She's hot!"
"Dude, she's 14!" (we were all of maybe 16)
"If there's grass on the field, play ball!"

Then some one else would go for the gross out factor and say something worse. I completely understand why it is wrong now, but at the time we didn't think about that. The fact is at some level we knew better, we wouldn't say it to a teacher or subject of the conversation, for example.

All that this has taught the kid (any time there is a chance for him to get the short end of the stick, he does), is if you have money or are part of a special interest group, you get special treatment. Which leads him to resent others.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote