View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #30
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2011-12 SEASON PREVIEW

So we've caught up to the real world now. We'll have seven scholarships going into this year, since last year's recruiting didn't really go as well as I'd hoped. We'll lose the dynamic Alyssa Duty this year, as well as three other key role players. The other three scholies are freed up from us cutting some walkons I'd been carrying.

The one thing that I think has separated this program from others is our lack of depth. We could never really run a full eight-man rotation because our role players are near walkon quality the past few years or transfers with serious flaws. So even with 3 or 4 blue chippers we weren't able to hang with programs that boasted super deep ballteams.

The hope is after this year, we can get closer to that position perhaps with a few transfers to fill out a roster of 3-4 blue chip recruits.

With this as the 13th year, we naturally want to claim a title. Missing the Final Four again is going to be a huge disappointment. Two of our assistant coaches left for Head Coaching jobs and were replaced and the hope is the new coaching staff will help move things along a bit.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote