View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 12:13 AM   #159
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Daaaaamn the out of the box settings for the "story mode" for MyGM in NBA 2k19 appear to be crazy broken.

Better than last year overall, but utterly inane in spots, the brokeass part involves an expansion team being able to sign LeBron (complete with cut scenes that both discuss the near impossibility of such a thing happening AND with a Lebron cut scene that doesn't indicate he thinks it's weird in the least) over any number of other max deal offers.

The way it was set up, I honestly figured "okay, no way this happens" ... and, bloop, in a matter of a minute or so, I have him.

Playing games sim-only, I'm something like 42-9 through 51 games. LBJ + Doncic aren't bad cornerstones for an expansion club that otherwise has mostly expansion draft players who were recommended by name (all making under $3m/yr with multi-year control) by various members of my staff. That seems to be the key to this path (which is never really addressed in game by anyone other than LBJ when you beat the hell out of Cleveland): make sure you spend nothing in the expansion draft & leave yourself max flexibility for FA time. That, plus one of four choices with the owner dialogue that precedes it (for all I know, all the options could lead to getting him)

I know there are several sliders that can be used to move the difficulty of trades & signing up/down but I'm flabbergasted -- even with 2k involved -- that they defaults are apparently "so easy a small child can do it". This isn't so much annoying or exasperating as it is downright comical.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-25-2018 at 12:13 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote