View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 12:54 AM   #422
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

They continue on. There is a haunted chamber with a stuck door that had to be forced open, and then there is a haunting feeling here that has to be saved against. Those who fail come across a few minutes later. This area has been carved again. Very lazy work too. Looks unfinished.

A door to the next chamber reveals a wight. Two zombies are blocking the door way. We have 4 zombies left. The wight rushes forward. Alzar tries to control it. But fails.

The wight and the zombies are fighting, but that is a battle the wight will win – it can only be hit by magical weapons. Wight’s are, comparatively, pretty weak, their energy drain is the only think worth moaning about. With the zombies blocking it, Alzar orders Tolvar to use Burning Hands from behind them. He aims it so it hits mostly wall, one zombie and the wight, for 7 damage each. Another zombie steps into the gap before the wight recovers. Angry it begins to slash a zombie as magical missile weapons come in. Two rounds later it dies, but Alzar is down to two zombies.

Considering how many undead they have been fighting, he hands magical weapons to the zombies.

They move in.

The chamber is empty and there is a door on the far side. The zombies open the door and another undead presence can be felt.

This is a Spectre, and she was once a powerful cleric of Nabilah. In fact, she still serves it seems. She is coming out to the wight’s room and cannot be contained by the zombies. A hit by her will remove 2 levels. Its arguably just as powerful as that mummy, and the energy drain is a lot worse. And they are out of spells.

He orders missile weapons from the people and physical attacks from the zombies. Desperate, Alzar uses the same trick, and drains two more charges from the staff. He rolls 10, 5, 9, 4 for 28 damage. This spectre has 27 hit points. If it fails its save too, that’s it. I grab a die 20 and I already know the target is 11. It rolls….2. No good. It dies!

600 XP again.

Both fighters Locinda and Pashtun are close to leveling as well.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote