View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 04:17 PM   #66
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st quarter: We forced them to go 3 and out. Their punter got off a nice long punt and a good special teams play prevented Bush from getting more than 3 yards on the return.

They stuffed our inside running game well, but 3 key 3rd down catches from Jarrett, Fred Davis, and Bush kept our drive going. We ended up going 66 yards in 15 plays that ate up almost half of the period. Reggie Bush ended the drive with a 1 yard dive over center for the TD. He also had the key run of the drive with a 19 yard toss to the right in which he juked the MLB and SS before the corner pushed him out of bounds. 7-0 lead.

They made a first down thanks to good running by their star RB, Lucky, but they had to punt it shortly after that. They punted it towards the right sideline. Reggie Bush caught it, and our team formed a nice seam down the right sideline. Bush took it 71 yards for a punt return TD thanks to great blocking and his excellent speed. 14-0.

Lucky gets a few good runs to cross midfield, but Jackson comes up with a big sack and we make them punt from our 48. They kick it high and Bush doesn't get a return.

We run the ball well on our first three plays, but then they begin crowding the box a bit. Jarrett drops a pass on 2nd and 10. on 3rd and 10, Bush had the SS on him! I tell him to go deep, he burns the SS, but Booty overthrows him! We punt to end the 1st quarter.

End of 1st quarter: 14-0 lead for us.

We force them into going 3 and out as their QB is wildly inaccurate.

We drive down the field thanks to a 30 yard run by Bush on an offtackle play. However, on 3rd and 8 on their 33 Booty throws a bad pass towards Jarrett. Zackary Bowman intercepts it. He is probably the fastest cornerback and player on their team. He puts a move on Booty and takes off. Bush almost catches him, but can't quite. TD return. 14-7.

They stuff Bush on the first two runs. Booty overthrows the out pattern on 3rd down and we have to punt.

On this drive, Lucky has a few good runs but we finally stop them just outside our 40. They choose to punt.

Now, I decide to go to my 3 WR set with Bush as the slot receiver. White gets to be the primary RB. White has a few good runs, then on 2nd and 5 from our own 47, I throw a quick slant to Bush. The linebacker can't cover him and Bush bursts past him and catches the ball. Bush proceeds to juke the SS and outrun the rest of the secondary for 53 yards and the TD! 21-7 with 2 and a half minutes to go in the half.

JAckson terrorizes their RB and QB to get them back on their own 6 with 3rd and 18. They actually convert this, except a holding call negates it! Jackson bursts through the line (he is a 98 rated DE) to get their RB in the endzone for a safety! 23-7. They kick it with 30 seconds left and Bush runs right.. then left.. then up the left sideline.. TD.. No clipping call. We are back on our own 33 with 24 seconds left.

Our first play is an 17 yard fly to Davis but Babineaux is called for holding which negates it. Then, we throw a 22 yard deep slant to Whitney Lewis. Then, we throw a fly to Bush who has the SS on him.. he drops it. Then 2 quick outs to Jarrett and Lewis. We get within the 25 with 2 seconds left. Danelo hits the 42 yard field goal to end the half 26-7.

Halftime: 26-7 lead for us.

We get the ball. First play, I line up in a 2 TE set. We call the HB screen. Perfect blocking. Bush runs inside using his blocks, then cuts it to the sideline. The FS dives at his feet, Bush highsteps out of his grasp, turns on the speed, and TD! 33-7 on a 71 yard screen pass TD.

Most of the third quarter has been uneventful except for the fact that we hurt their HB and he is likely out for the rest of the game. Towards the end of the 3rd quarter, Darnell Bing intercepted a deep pass intended for their best WR.

Most of the third quarter, Booty has had bouts of inaccuracy, but on this drive he is 4 of 4, and finally Bush gets some blocking on a play and runs up the middle for 8 before juking the linebacker and cutting to the sideline. He beats the defense and scores a 29 yard rushing TD to make it 40-7.

They complete a few passes, but we stop them short of our 35 and they punt to end the 3rd quarter.

End of 3rd quarter: 40-7 lead for us.

I decide to put our 2nd string's in with the game firmly in hand.

They force us to go out in 5 plays as Rocky just isn't that accurate of a passer and it shows.

our starting front 7 are really good, and we've held a team that averages over 600 yards of offense per game to just under 125 so far. However, our second string just isn't as good. They have to work every play, but they go 75 yards in 15 plays for a TD to make it 40-14. Fortunately, they used up a lot of time. We recover the onside kick.

Hinds use the option well on this drive, getting Washington a 15 yard run, and getting himself a 15 yard run where he faked the pitch. Finally, the drive ends on a play action pass when he hits Patrick Turner on a 5 yard fade in the back of the endzone for a TD. 47-14. 20 seconds left in the game. I'm sure I could be accused of running up the score, but I want to win by at least 30 for the voters who are starting to split the vote for #1.

Game over. 47-14 win for us.

Key Stats:

Passing:

John David Booty 13 of 24 for 283 yards, 2 TD 1 INT, 54%, sacked once.

Rocky Hinds 2 of 4 for 9 yards, 1 TD 0 INT, 50%, 0 sacks.

Harrison Beck 9 of 19 for 117 yards, 1 TD 1 INT, 47%, sacked 3 times.

Rushing:

Reggie Bush 18 carries for 102 yards, 2 TD, 40 after the 1st hit.

Lendale White 9 carries for 76 yards, 0 TD, 39 after the first hit.

Rocky Hinds 2 carries for 21 yards.

Marlon Lucky 17 carries for 68 yards, 0 TD.

Brandon Jackson 12 carries for 61 yards, 0 TD.

Receiving:

Reggie Bush 7 catches for 177 yards, 2 TD.

Dwayne Jarrett 3 catches for 33 yards.

Whitney Lewis 2 catches for 48 yards.

Patrick Turner 1 catch for 5 yards and a TD.

J.B. Phillips (their TE) 3 catches for 30 yards and a TD.

Isaiah Fluellen 2 catches for 12 yards.

Leading tackler:

Lawrence Jackson 8 tackles, 5 for a loss.

Darnell Bing 5 tackles.

Nebraska Bo Ruud, ROLB 7 tackles, 1 for a loss.

Jay Moore, DE 6 tackles, 1 for a loss.

Leading sacks:

Lawrence Jackson: 3 sacks (he is the DE that I don't control by the way.)

Barry Turner, DE: He had Nebraska's only sack.

Darnell Bing had our only interception

Zackary Bowman had a 76 yard TD Interception for Nebraska.

Star of the Game:

Reggie Bush: 102 rushing yards, 177 receiving yards, 161 return yards, 5 total TD's.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-19-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote