View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 04:06 PM   #6
Joshua1207
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplykely View Post
Important to keep in mind, teams aggressively going for it on 4th is a very new trend and the rules in place are based on statistical analysis of the NFL from several years back. It’s unlikely a patch will be made to FOF8, and it’s been a long time since word on if a new version will happen at all.

If a new version is made I’d simply like to see a user input for the 4th&X modifier. Maybe I’d like to limit it to 30% in everything over 2 yards. Wishful thinking but as a Packers fan, and the coach who led the NFL in 4th down success - often resulting in big momentum swings - I wish we had finer control of 4th down.

The edge has been there for a while but it has only been more common recently with the Eagles, Ravens, Bills, Packers etc taking advantage of it. I do realize teams didn't do it as often in the past but I am not sure if that is a good reason to limit our creativity.

It would be nice to update the current model they use and add distance to it with no 30% cap. So if I wanted to go for it on every 4th & 1 from opp 50-21 ydl etc then the sim model would do it. It is incredibly frustrating to see my team punt there, its a touchback and it makes the net punt like 20-30 yards. Those type of decisions get criticized every week and is generally poor coaching so its tough to not have that strategy control.
Joshua1207 is offline   Reply With Quote