View Single Post
Old 07-31-2023, 09:36 AM   #36
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
This explainer on save transfer is for 22 but presumably still valid: OOTP 22 Tutorial Series -Transfer Saved Games Tutorial - YouTube

I have had success with overbidding immediately (2 mio instead of 1 f.e.) and mostly get 2-3 guys i want.

As for the draft: this can be adjusted in a way: for one there is a setting that lets you determine how many prospects are created (setting the Number of draft rounds the game creates players for), this proportionally also creates more or less good prospects.
Personally i like to create for about 40 rounds (default is i think 30) and then after the Pool is announced i randomly remove quite a few 4-5 star prospects so that the Pool ends up deeper in the middle rounds but a bit less so up top.
(And a ton of the remaining high potential guys flame out anyway).

I will have to try some different approaches with the international bidding. I am 52 years into a GM dynasty (largely default except no rule 5 and I have added -1 to +2 inflation and I speed up development to 1.1 on and delay aging to .9). It has worked out pretty well with my biggest beef being that my minor leagues seemed to get clogged up, so that is partially why I started just going for one superstar in each international class.

I create 40 rounds worth of players for the drafts, as well (with a 20 round draft).

I have had a few 300 game winners in the league, several 3,000+ hitters, a few guys with multiple no hitters. It has been a fun dynasty. Getting to the point where my character is over 90 years old (have outlasted three Pirates' owners), so not sure how much longer I can go.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote