View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 08:58 AM   #239
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
man is there a lot of math

True, but a lot of it has been done for you at this point.

Quote:
I dont understand the training aspect really.

Specific questions are the best.

Quote:
don't know if I should play every week, play both S/D every week or take some days off.

Usually you should play every week, practice weeks until your form gets down to 15 as law mentioned. Always S/D for tournament weeks to maximize the matches you get. I usually do only singles for juniors in practice weeks until they reach the point where they can handle doing both from an endurance standpoint. That's usually around 3.0 or higher endurance. Monitor how they are doing fatigue-wise ... you lose 50 fatigue per day and start getting big penalties if you get over 500. Usually you won't get any practice matches when it is higher than 200-300(but not always, the game logic seems to be a bit buggy in that area). Only time a player should ever have a week totally, completely off is if they have 350 or more fatigue going into it. If your fatigue ever gets to zero, that's a bad thing since you are wasting potential experience gain from practice or matches.

Quote:
My Junior play seems to have a run of playing well then playing horribly.

This is pretty typical, partly because of double-faults due to low serving for young players, and partly because there simply isn't as much difference between them in overall level of ability at that age.

As far as your two players are concerned, I would say keep going with them, regularly look for something better in the new juniors players as always and work on earning points so you can replace the older one with a trainer candidate.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote