View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #19
StLee
High School Varsity

Week 8

I'll do my best to blast through these before I have little time for writing. It also depends on how busy I am at work the rest of the day today, the last of the semester.

-----------

Game 8 was played on June 3, this time at a middle school near Downtown Daegu. It was our return to division play and the start of our demise. As a reminder, we played and beat the Bus Drivers in the first game of the season, but there was some controversy where the Bus Drivers protested our win. After that, we did not win another game heading into this game.

Unfortunately for us, we fared no better in this one, falling 13-8 in a game that was a bit tight. In the first we scored a run, but the Drivers answered with three. We tied it in the top of the second, but the Bus Drivers answered with a five-run inning to take an 8-3 lead. We made it tight in the third by scoring three runs and another run in the fourth; however, the Bus Drivers’ three runs gave them an 11-7 lead after four. They added a run each in the fifth and sixth innings, giving them a 13-7 advantage heading into the final inning. In the top of the seventh, the Honey Badger could only muster a run, leading to the 13-8 final.

For the second straight week, we were short Johnson and Sundell. So we played 11 players. Also, McMillan was injured, so he played catcher the entire game and I put a female at 2B.

Lineup:
1 – Keeler – LF
2 – DeBree – RCF
3 – Babin – 3B
4 – Gonzalez – SS
5 – Dustin – 1B
6 – Frank – LCF
7 – MaryKay – ROV/2B
8 – Halbreich – RF
9 – MJ – ROV
10 – McMillan – C
11 – Camille – 2B/ROV

Top 1st:
Keeler – 2B
DeBree – Fly out, Keeler to 3rd
Babin – RBI Sac fly (1-0)
Gonzalez – GO, 5-3

Top 2nd: Trailing 3-1
Dustin – 1B
Frank – FO-9
MaryKay – 1B
Halbreich – RBI double (2-3), MaryKay out at 3rd
MJ – Ground out, Halbreich to 3rd
McMillan – RBI single (3-3), out trying to advance

Top 3rd: Trailing 8-3
Camille – Lineout, 6
Keeler – 1B
DeBree – 1B
Babin – Pop out, 6
Gonzalez – RBI double (4-8)
Dustin – 2-RBI single (6-8)
Frank – FO

Top 4th: Trailing 8-6
Mary Kay – GO, 6-3
Halbreich – 3B
MJ – RBI Groundout, 6-3 (7-8)
McMillan – Popout, 6

Top 5th: Trailing 11-7
Camille – out
Keeler – 1B
DeBree – 1B, Keeler out trying to advance to 3rd
Babin – Popout, 6 (grrrrr – last pitch and I had a shit pitch to swing at)

Top 6th: Trailing 12-7
Gonzalez – out
Dustin – out
Frank – 1B
MaryKay – out

Top 7th: Trailing 13-7
Halbreich – 2B
MJ – RBI single (8-13), out trying to advance to 2nd
McMillan – 1B, advanced on error
Camille – LO-5
Keeler – FO

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote