View Single Post
Old 04-24-2004, 08:01 PM   #6
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

A little late posting this, about a week, but we went to the Phillies game last Saturday and we planned on doing a few locationless caches for the day. We hadn;t done one of them before (key to later in the post) but they are basically finding something like a Vivil War Battlefield, or something like that.

It's something that there are more than one possible find for. Many require that the some place or maker cannot be logged by more than one person, which makes it even more interesting (and creative).

We went with some of the more boring items, due to the time and location that we were going to be at.

One was getting a picture of a mascot of some sort. To log a cache like this you need to have a pitcture of the place, item, whatever it is, along with your GPS in the photo. I took a picture of the Phanatic to use for the cache.

Next up was a picture of a statue of a hall of fame baseball player, but not from the hall of fame. I took a picture of my daughter in front of a statue of Mike Schmidt while holding the GPS. After taking the picture, my wife read more about the cache and poingted out that this cache would not count as it couldn't be within a mile of a pro ballpark.

On the way home, we stopped outside of a diner to take a pocture of that, for another cache.

We figured that we would settle with those three as it was getting late by the time we got back to my mom's to pick up our youngest. There were a couple regular caches we were thinking of going after if we had the time.

We we got home, I tried to log the caches only to find out that I needed the actual coordinates of the places that we took the pictures. My batteries were on their last legs in the GPS or I would have written down the coordinates (but it wouldn;t get a lock on our position with the low batteries.

Oh well, it was a fun day anyway.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote