View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 06:43 PM   #58
Co-D'ohs
H.S. Freshman Team

Originally posted by Godzilla Blitz:

Final Weeks
Well, not much to do now. We watch the December bowl games from home, happy to be there amidst the egg nog and brandy. But the day is drawing closer now. The day of the all important “End Season” click. I have to be concerned, especially with all the scrutiny on our performance this year, that the end may be near. I do my best to enjoy the holidays, and repeat my positive affirmations every day before bed, but the haunting thought that the Penn State game could have been our last game invades my fitful holiday sleep. Only time will tell. Is this dynasty over? Or do we get another year?

In thinking about this the past few days, I have decided that I will abide by the game’s decision. I will not keep hitting the “End Season” button till I get the result we all want. Neither will I try to drive on and use the “ignore the firing and continue with the career” bug. I will press the button once, and the result is the result. Also, I have not played ahead; I have no idea what the result will be as I write this. I have been playing one game each day and writing one installment of this thread each day for the past two weeks or so. In short, our fate will be shared together. I will report it as it happens.

In minor news, grades come in. 2002 Rudy Scholar Chapman is in trouble; he’s got two D- minuses now as he heads into the home stretch. I wonder why that tutoring time with Candy didn’t help? Humm. Maybe he needs more time. Candy! Go do your thing! We’re relying on you!

Elsewhere, Geogia beats Oklahoma 34-7 to win the National Championship.

Well, that does it for today’s installment. Well be back tomorrow with season stats, our performance review, and our year-end awards. It does look like Monday, the day after tomorrow, will be the “Day of the Season Ending Click”. Remember to think positive!

GO IRISH!! Yee-haw!!!
Co-D'ohs is offline   Reply With Quote