View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 08:42 AM   #941
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

I don't know the motivations of the shooter but I'm going to assume that he was mentally ill.

Another way to minimize the entire situation. I said it about the Vegas shooter, who was not mentally ill, who they can not figure out why, he did what he did. There was literally no exterior motivation. If there had been mental illness, it would have come out by now. Simply put, just because, we cannot rationalize why is gods name anyone would go to the length or do those acts, doesn't mean it's mental illness. It sweeps it under the bed, "ah well, if it hadn't been for that mental illness, of course, there's nothing we could do, because he was sick, so the rest of us, who are healthy, just have to shake our heads and wonder why he failed to get the help that he so badly needed."

It's clearly become a legitimate artifact of the 21st Century culture in the USA. It's a part of our society. The ease at which people can be murdered with guns in this country. It's part of a much bigger, deeper, philosophical discussion that nobody can have, because it's far too late to actually fix within any of our generations. Only people who are willing to put the work in, to try and fix it for the next 4-5 generations downline, will have any chance to reverse the societal impact of where we are now regarding guns and crime in America. Good luck on someone taking the reins on that one.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote