View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #21
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
660TI is a good card. If you're getting framerate drops, it's something else in the system.

Not sure where else my hangup would be. It's the same setup with the same settings, 8gb high performance RAM, i5 2500k, SSD, motherboard is Asus and is one of their higher performance models.

Like I said I know it is a good card. I'm sure it is going to treat me really well, it just isn't running the games I used to play at quite the same frame rate at the same settings as the Superclocked 570 was. On the plus side, atleast it IS running them without crashing.

The 660ti that I have is the 2gb model rather than the 3gb model and isn't EVGA's Superclocked version. Not sure if any of that would effect things.

EDIT: To be fair we are talking about Directx11 games at 1080p and with max settings. My 570 was at 60 FPS with no drops. My new card is at 60 FPS with drops into the low 40s when crap hits the fan. Not a huge deal here.

Last edited by dubb93 : 12-04-2012 at 11:21 AM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote