View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 03:05 PM   #78
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan
I just want to add a great big, stupendous, thank you to all the voters who couldn't see that the entire outcome of the 2016 election was about SCOTUS. The whole thing. So to everyone who is really outraged, and really up in arms about all this shit, but you didn't vote for Clinton, thank you, for being principled and short sighted. You have destroyed the country that I thought I lived in.

You're welcome. Principled yes, short-sighted no. And the people destroying the country are the people actually destroying the country. I.e. in this case we're talking people who voted for Trump, supported him while he's in office, Trump himself, etc. Doesn't apply to people who have opposed him, regardless of what candidate they chose instead.

I'd also suggest that what we have here is the continuation of a decades-long trend. It didn't start with Trump, and it's not likely to end with him.

Speaking of which, let's say Democrats expand SCOTUS to 15. What do they do if in 2024, or 2034, or whenever Republicans get power again and expand it to 21 or whatever? Is there a plan for where that ends?

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-20-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote