View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 04:04 PM   #82
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
To my mind, the point is that if you don't care about future consequences then there's little point in caring what Trump is doing now either. The only reason to care is if you think he is hurting something worth saving. If you decide it's not worth saving, then the only reason to be more than mildly annoyed is the fact that he's the one doing it and not somebody more to your line of thinking.

I would rather see fire fought with fire. I am so tired feeling shit on politically. I guess we should just give in and give up. There is no ethical end point that can't be crossed anymore.

Can you not see the direction of thought that the country is heading in? I know you do. You're a functional, beyond logical, emotionless thinker. At some point you have to see the manipulation at hand and the threats that it poses. Simply saying, "hey, it's been going on a long time, and we just need to accept it" isn't really good enough. We knew the government lied to perpetuate the Vietnam war and we still have people who think it was a good and valuable endeavor. If we simply accept that those things are unavoidable, and that every person is untrustworthy, and that we should expect them to do bad, manipulative things when they are in power, then we've clearly lost. The only savior at that point will be an authoritarian dictator. This game plan has been the forte of the Russians to destabilize the country for a long time, and now it seems like enough people here have bought into it. There are failed governments world wide. Ours is simply on the path and one side is helping on the way at light speed.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote