View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 10:50 AM   #727
BYU 14
Coordinator

I have known for several weeks I would be adding to this at some point, and this afternoon we will taking our male Min Pin to transition. I knew I would be a mess today, so I wrote his "obituary" last night. He and his sister were inseparable throughout their lives and I feel for her as much as myself

In loving memory of Duke Crooks.

Duke “Dukie Duke” Crooks was born July 24th 2008 and crossed the Rainbow Bridge peacefully on May 13th 2022. During his almost 14 years with on this earth he brought his family untold moments of joy and happiness, and we hope he felt the same about us as we held his paw and kissed his head for the last time.

Duke was a character, the runt of his litter, he was spunky and protective. He had a favorite corner in the yard, where he loved to “talk” to the birds in the afternoon. He would stand there barking at the sky, listening intently for their chirped response, so he could answer and always get the last “word” in. He loved dancing for his afternoon snack, spinning around before finally sitting as his tail went a million miles an hour. He would then take his snack and sprint to the same spot in the game room, where he would eat it, always keeping a wary eye on his sister to make sure she didn’t steal it. He had a favorite chair, where he would sit beside me and watch sports, especially Baseball, eventually vacating his spot to join me in my chair when it was time for a nap. He also enjoyed the cooler weather, when we opened the front door. He and his sister would park themselves there for hours, regulating the neighborhood and greeting passersby.

But most of all, he loved belly rubs and the slightest touch on his ribs would result in him immediately flipping over onto his back, legs on the air, gazing intently at whoever happened to be there, as if to say, “get going!!” He would stay frozen in that position, often reaching out with a paw to coerce a few more rubs out of you, if you dared stop before he was ready to stop. These moments are the ones we will miss the most!

Duke is survived by his sister Daisy and son Deezel, as well as his extended human family, who will always miss him and cherish the time we were blessed to have him in our lives. In lieu of flowers, Duke’s last request was that you give your Fur Babies a hug and tell them you love them. Finally, he asked everyone to remember, “Who was a good boy?” Duke was a good boy!!!

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-13-2022 at 10:51 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote