View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 05:02 PM   #16
shanklingill
n00b

If your point is overall ratings do not mean a player is suited to a given role, yeah I'm aware of that. My point specifically demonstrates that these players are stud pash rushers, I don't expect them to be returning pick sixes, breaking up passes or crushing runners. What I do expect them to do is kill QBs.

If you are saying the stats themselves are meaningless, and that a guy rated between 98-100 in the pass rushing specific stats does not mean he outperforms someone else much lower, then what would be the point of a rating system at all? Such randomness would make the game unplayable.

You could argue randomness occurs in real life and scouting mistakes are made. But would a scout rate someone as a hall of fame level player for 7 years in a row and say he's perfect on every metric if he was sacking 3.5 people a year? No. Performance over time would be increase accuracy. And it's highly unlikely a scout would in the counter watch a player wrack up 50 sacks in 4 years on a rookie deal and rate him as being anything other than a pure stud. So other than for players like rookies or 2nd year, having a system like that would be frankly crazy.

The scouting system does fluctuate players values. Some rookies dramatically...but not after. I'm not sure I agree with the observation, I put more faith in the game not to be that crazy
shanklingill is offline   Reply With Quote