View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #341
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'll admit, the more I have thought about it, the more I like the concept of Lathum the wolf pushing the duke idea, and DT the duke pulling it off on Autumn, the third wolf, to gain trust. Lathum, DT and Autumn are all very clever and could pull that off.

That said, we're too far along today and Lathum hasn't really struck me as wolfish (surprisingly); it might be I am just fascinated that someone might try a move that ballsy at the start of the game (the DT move on Autumn alone was pretty daring, much less if they played a double cover with Lathum).

So I'll stick with the candidates at hand.

Of the Day One non-voters, we have The Jackal, ntndeacon, Schmidty, Bug and Crimson Fox.

I am giving The Jackal a pass for now. He could be a wolf, sure, but I don't believe he would lie about being sick. If I run out of better canddiates, I can come back to him.

Schmidty is a dangerous wolf, but at this point, another vote on him would turn this into a runaway, which does us no good with our lack of voting history. So I am not going there.

ntndeacon gave a legit reason for voting for CF, and I am used to ntndeacon not being around at times, so I don't jump to the conclusion he must be a wolf if he doesn't vote (in fact, if he nmade every vote, I probably would be more suspicious ).

So it comes down the Bug and CF for me today. Bug's non-vote on Day One, with a tie, was just weird. If it were a real vote, instead of the unofficial vote and if Autumn hadn't been a wolf, I suspect we would be clammering for Bug's head. Generally, I haven't felt him to be wolfish otherwise, but that was a really odd decision at, to this point, the key moment of this game.

CF basically did a throwaway, payback vote today on ntn (as opposed to ntn giving a reason at least), and it should be noted CF was the other target of the unofficial vote on Day One. It's entirely possible we had two wolves on the block, and the reason we didn't see a tiebreaker or an effort to save Autumn was because either way DT went, he would take a wolf. The numbers suggest this is not likely to have happened, but it's something to consider.

Since CF has a vote already, I will put mine there over one on Bug.

VOTE CRIMSON FOX

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote