View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 07:26 PM   #461
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

ROMANIA VS PORTUGAL, WORLD CUP QUARTER FINALS

You might recognize Gomes at GK for Portugal. For today’s match, I begin with Raul starting for Andone. The big match for today is at GK as we all know that Gomes is better than Radu, as they are both on my Huddersfield Town squad. They foul us in the 9th minute in the box. Up steps Ivan and….

Goal! In the first 20 minutes, the game has been ours. We’ve had 60% possession, tons of shots, some on target that Gomes saved. We could easily be 2-0 right now. It’s finally there:

2-0 us. In the 25th, one of their players is gone with injury. It’s was a non contact ligament of some sort. As soon as he heads out:

Another goal.

And another. Remember, Dragus and Lupu are my best two players…

…So it’s only fair that Lupu return the favor. They get a card – half. Keep it up! We turn aside a big Portuguese push for goal. I send in Petre and Gimenez. Portugal have one more shot than us 17 to 18, by the 70th. Balasa for Dima

Here let me show you:

This is the 78 minute mark Same shots, just one fewer shot on target, etc. Is this a team that is getting out played 5-0 on the field? No, this is all Radu. He is playing up to Portugal. He has turned a nail-biter into a blow out. We win 5-0, MOM is Dragus, but I’d go Radu.

This was Radu's coming-out party, to my mind.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote