View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 05:10 AM   #751
Radii
Head Coach

-- At some point in the last week Huddersfield picked up another win. We are once again 15 points out of 17th place, now with just 9 matches to go in the season.

March Update

-- We play on the 2nd, 17th, and 23rd. Light month. Three matches we are capable of competing in, though two are on the road.. @Blackburn, @Southampton, vs Watford. With 9 matches left and that nightmare finish coming up, its essentially over for us, but I'd love to put in a good showing in March and maybe make it exciting. Also, in the EPL your prize money depends on your place. $5.1M for 18th, $3.4M for 19th, $1.7M for 20th, so that's worth playing for. I will say though I'm really close to just turning off all highlights and spamming out the rest of the season as quickly as possible.

-- DL Stuart Kirkland is 3rd in Young Player of the Month voting.

-- The board remains pleased with my leadership. The January capture of Henrique is a positive for the fans. Our 0-3 loss to Birmingham pissed off the fans.

-- We made $1.24M in profit last month. Back up to $2.8M in the black as far as cash flow, and back up to $11M in profits.

March 2nd, 2019

Ipswich(3-3-23, 19th) @ Blackburn(8-9-12, 15th)

They're 4:6 favorites today, making us 7:2 dogs. That's the best odds we've seen for anything in a good long while.

GK: Mason
D: Hughes/Fryers/Henrique/McKerr
M: Guarin/Yebda/Donnelly/Berthet
AMC: Kang
ST: Khan

We are exhausted coming into this one, leading to lots of changes today. Jack Hughes is back from his suspension and starts for Kirkland today. Henrique is back in. Berthet up to MR, Gordon needs the day off. Yebda in at MC, Mariga needs a day off, and Khan in for Constantino. Even with that we are tired as hell.

13': A very, very long highlight, we have it on offense and pass it around for a good long while but can't find a shot, they steal it away and counter, getting a man near the area for a shot but Mason came out nicely and stopped it. We recover and get forward again, Khan earning us a corner as a shot is blocked behind. Corner is cleared away.

42': We've seen a few highlights here, all of Blackburn shooting from 25+ yards out though.

HALF: They shoot 8 times, but 6 from long range and only 2 on target. We shoot twice, both off target, both in the first 15 minutes. We're doing a fairly good job here defending at least, but we need to get something going to generate a shot or two.

53': They try to push the ball forward but McKerr makes an interception and catches them off guard with a long ball ahead to Kang. He's in the area after a good first touch, a man closing in fast to put pressure on him but its a clear cut chance... he shoots, wide left. Not a bad strike just a little wide. Dang.

57': They have it on offense, one striker passes to another, ST Griffiths blows by Fryers and gets into the area where he beats Mason to the near post. 0-1

71': Constantino in for Khan.

82': A highlight opens with us trying to counter, Guarin sends a ball to midfield for Constantino, he's got a lot of space and cuts between two defenders... Kang is running ahead, Constantino finds him, he's in the area, keeper coming out to pressure, but its a clear cut chance... shot is right at the keeper and saved. I cannot help but think that Gordon would score there and find it hard to believe that Kang could not.

That's the game.

Blackburn 1 : 0 Ipswich

We generate two great chances in the second half but cannot convert either. We played pretty well, frustrating!

McKerr 7.3, Yebda 7.1. Khan struggled a lot and had a 5.4 rating when it was done.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote