View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 04:28 AM   #779
Radii
Head Coach

Friendly #2

We travel to Shrewsbury. We've got a bit more depth, less U18s today! We also have 2 injured and 2 travelling internationally.

We score in the 35th minute but its offside. In the 42nd Hamilton feeds Constantino for an easy goal. No goals in the second half. We had a few solid chances that didn't come through but we got the win.

Shrewsbury 0 : 1 Ipswich

Friendly #3

We host the Glen Hoddle Academy.

14th minute goal as Mills hits Constantino for an easy one. 23rd minute goal as Mills passes to Constantino and Constantino does all the work to create this one. 30th minute goal on a counter attack, Constantino starts near midfield and makes the long run himself and scores easily. 36th minute goal as Donnelly takes a corner and Constantino heads it in... 40th minute goal as Mills plays a pretty ball into the area for Gordon who volleys it home.

Guarin adds one from long range in the 62nd minute. Mariga on a volley from 30 yards out after they try to clear one out of the area that's real damn impressive.

Well that's where all the goals went that we didn't get our first two matches I suppose.

Constantino 4, Gordon, Mariga, Guarin score goals.

Mills 3 assists, Donnelly, Gordon, and McKerr. Great to see Steve Mills hooking up with Constantino like that. Earn that $51,000/wk buddy!

Ipswich 7 : 0 GH Academy

Expiring Contracts

We've got 11 player contracts expiring this year.

Starters:

DL Kirkland is the top priority, keep at any cost.
MC Mariga turns 33 this year. If he's willing to stay and if his skills don't degrade I'd love to have him around.
MC Fredy Guarin will turn 34 by the time the next season starts. He's already a backup and won't be brought back.

Backups:

DR Michael McKerr - Turns 30 this year. He's been a solid backup, if he'll stay on for cheap I'll keep him.

Hot Prospects:

DLC Jack Hughes - I'd like to keep him, he's only 18. With my improved training maybe I can make something of him.

DR/MR Clive Jackson - Every time I look at him he looks better and better, despite me showering all my youth praise on Hughes for so long. Jackson will stay around too I'm sure.

ST Ian Taylor - Unless he shows a development miracle this year he's gone. He was on equal footing with Hughes/Jackson awhile back I believe. Those guys are worth $1M+, Taylor is worth $30,000, and it shows.

backup GK Dominic Johnson should be unneeded as Chris Mason gets closer, and we've got a few youth guys that appear to be crap that we'll let go.

-- I go ahead and offer Kirkland immediately. He wants a raise from $8000/wk to $24,000/wk for 4 years. Totally fair, and done.

August Update

We've still got a couple friendlies left, the auto scheduling of the ones with the feeder clubs stuck some things weird. But we're ok.

-- We play league matches on the 10th, 17th, 20th, 24th, and 31st. League Cup opens on the 13th with round 2 on the 28th should we win.

-- The board is satisfied at my coaching. The signing of Henrique remains a positive. Hopefully everyone is cooing over Mills soon. There is a concern over "a slight lack of harmony" in the locker room. And what that is... everyone on the team loves McDonald Mariga. I transfer listed him to be nice to him and because I generally do transfer list those that tell me they want out. But the team doesn't want him gone. I'd love for him to stay too, but a lot of players have expressed a desire for him not to leave. I can't un-list him I assume b/c I listed him at his request... hopefully this works itself out early in the season.

-- We made $10.5M last month. Between our shirt sponsorship of $2.7M, selling Kang for $10M offsetting buying Mills for $6.25M and selling about 20,000 season tickets, we're off to a strong start. So far this year we've turned a profit of $15.1M and have $21M cash on hand. Unlike last year this number will drop, and probably drop quickly, throughout the season. But we're in a good spot now!

-- I don't see anything about the parachute payments that get paid to teams that drop out of the EPL. We didn't have to stay up a year before falling to get that did we? When/where should I see info about that. Between the lack of salary drops and the lack of parachute payment info I feel like something is really fucked up here.

Last edited by Radii : 09-07-2011 at 04:29 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote