View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 01:19 AM   #799
Radii
Head Coach

-- Gordon Donnelly tells the BBC in an interview that he feels like Ipswich is underachieving. We're not running away with the league but I think that's going a bit far! Unless he is just pissed that we didn't beat Sheffield Utd at their house, in which case screw him.

Injury Update

backup ML Jack Hughes is injured in training and is going to miss 4 weeks.

September 28th, 2019

Ipswich(4-3-1, 7th) @ Bolton(3-0-6, 17th)

We are huge 4:7 favorites on the road today, Bolton are 4:1 dogs. Bolton finished 20th each of the last 2 seasons and is very lucky they haven't dropped back to League 1 yet.

GK: Carlos Antonio
D: Kirkland/McKerr/Welsh/Berthet
M: Turgay Colak/Mills/Donnelly/Gordon
ST: Khan/Constantino

McKerr starts for Burke today, and Khan gets a start for Hamilton. Standard mindset today.

4': Khan is hurt immediately. Neat. He'll stay in for now but I'll probably bring in Hamilton (or Ian Taylor if we're doing well) in the 2nd half.

24': Free kick for us, Gordon takes it from 25 yards but puts it just wide.

26': Corner for Bolton, they take it to the near man, we miss a tackle and Forward Smalley recovers the ball and blasts it into the net.. Carlos Antonio's positioning seemed really poor there. 0-1

30': We have a goal kick... its taken long, their last defender tries to go up for a header but the ball is past him. The keeper doesn't rush out and this allows Constantino to keep chasing it, he picks it up and easily scores from close range. 1-1

36': A pass from Mills to Khan, he shoots from the edge of the penalty box, keeper has to dive to save it. Gordon takes the corner but they clear it.

37': we push it forward and earn another corner. Gordon takes it, they win a header and send it out wide, throwin for us. They head it away and we're offsides as we try to head it back in.

HALF: We definitely need to do better than this today. Hamilton is in for Khan at the half. We have 7 shots to their 5, we've got 2 clear cut chances but missed one. I'm hopeful we keep it going here and put this one away.

47': Mills has it about 40 yards out, he plays a ball into the right side of the area for Gordon, Gordon is tackled trying to win it.. penalty!! Constantino takes it and buries it. 2-1

56': We have a corner, played in to Constantino, a shot is blocked, we recover and try to send it back in... and Constantino goes down injured. He takes a pretty big hit to his fitness.

66': We've seen Constantino take two more shots since he got hurt and both looked a bit weaker, but maybe that's just me panicing until I see if he's hurt long term.

74': Guarin in for Constantino. I drop him back to DMC and run a 4-1-4-1.

75': We've got a free kick near midfield. Kirkland takes it and plays it into the area, Hamilton wins a header there but the keeper saves it, but can only parry it away. Neil Gordon is in the right spot to followup and puts it into the net before the keeper can get back up. 3-1

87': I've long since dropped back to defensive but they can't keep us from controlling possession and here we see Donnelly spot Hamilton in the area, Hamilton shoots, but its right at the keeper. Keeper can only deflect it away, it falls back to Hamilton who puts this one in! 4-1

91': Welsh goes down hurt in added time.. and the match stops, he can't walk this one off. That's 3 injuries today.

Bolton 1 : 4 Ipswich

Solid win. Lets hope the damage isn't too bad.

Man of the Match: Constantino (8.6)
Goals: Constantino 2, Gordon (8.2), Hamilton (8.4)
Assists: Carlos Antonio (7.6), Gordon, Hamilton. Hamilton's goal was unassisted.
Notables: Kirkland (7.3), Donnelly (7.0)

Injury Update

Well the good news is that Constantino isn't hurt long term. The bad news is that James Welsh is, he's going to miss 5-6 weeks with an ankle injury picked up in added time today.

-- Right now Henrique, James Welsh, Jack Hughes and Troy Brown are all out injured. We've got 7 guys on the senior squad that can play the position at all, and 4 are hurt. That leaves us right now with Turgay Colak, Burke, and McKerr.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote