View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 07:50 PM   #92
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Glad to see this dynasty getting more active (although I understand it probably wasn't too exciting working your way back to the NBA in the developmental league).

What are your plans for AI when he returns? It seems like he'd have a tough time cracking the starting lineup at either guard spot and your rookie seems to be holding his own as a #3 combo type.

Yeah, it was a bit of a grind going through the D-League, but an enlightening experience, nonetheless.

As far as AI goes, I only control GM functions, so it's up to Karl what he decides to do. My hunch is he'll play a 3-guard set with Billups, Gordon, AI at the PG/SG/SF spots and Noah and Shaq at PF and C. That's just a guess, though.

Either that or he'll start Billups and AI and make Gordon the best damned 6th man in the league.

Wright's a pretty good 3/4/5 combo guy for a late 1st round rookie and he was a lot better starting C than I expected at 6'9". Before this stretch of playing time, I was thinking about not picking up his rookie option, but now I'm considering picking it up. Buboltz will most certainly get his option picked up, I'm thinking. He's very, very raw (hell he's 18 and still adjusting to the American style of play), but he's shown flashes of talent.

The tough decision will be what to do with AI's contract. K-Mart's going to get renounced for sure, but AI might well be a different matter. Depends on what happens after he comes back from injury, I suppose.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote