View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #6
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 27, 2014 (continued)

Now then, about all those players in the room a little while ago.

There were 61 players in all, plus 1 player injured & away from training, plus 5 away on loan. That accounts for the 68 players currently under contract to the club.

Of that 68, 5 are indeed away on loan, costing us $8,625/wk
Of the 63 remaining, 17 are on youth contracts of $110/wk ($1,870/wk total)
Of the 46 remaining, 1 is on loan to us, costing us $0
Of the 45 remaining, 22 are Reserves, costing us $11,200/wk
The 23 remaining are currently 1st Team, costing us $25,350/wk

Salaries range from $4,800/wk for DC Yoon Weon-II to several reserves making $275/wk

The good news is that all of the Senior & Reserve players (except our 1 loan-in) are contracted through the end of 2015; i.e. next season.

The bad news is that all of the Senior & Reserve players (except our 1 loan-in) are contracted through the end of 2015; i.e. next season.

---------

See, here's the thing: I want to play a 4-4-1-1 ... except the roster I inherited has virtually no one on the first team that has ever played at ML or MR.

That means that, at least until I can shape the roster, we'll likely spend a lot of time playing the narrow 4-1-3-2 that my Ass't recommends.

There were 24 players assigned to the first team when I arrived.
10 of our 11 projected starters are veterans of the club.

7 of the 13 of the non-starters have not played a league match for us.
8 of the senior squad are listed as "wanted" by another club, but only one projected starter.