View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 04:05 AM   #9
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Tue Jan 28, 2014 (continued)

Oh goody, I start the day by meeting the press. I sort of forgot that I agreed to do that when I met with the board a few days ago.

I praise the chairman's commitment to the club, explain that I'm happy with the direction we're heading.

Interesting question about the language barrier, I point out that soccer is a universal language.

I deflect a question about possible upheaval and changes.

They give me a great question about the downward trend for the club, I hit passionately hit one of my key points: that this club deserves to be doing much better and if I can play a part in moving it that way then I'll be happy.

I give the wily reporter from the SK Soccer Post nothing to his question about whether I'm hands-on or hands-off.

I calmly admit that things are in place to make an immediate challenge for promotion.

And no, devious Mr. SK Soccer Express dude, I'm not prepared to discuss transfer policy here today.

I'm caught a bit off guard when asked (by (devious SK Soccer Express guy again) about the expectations that Hwang Jin-San will be leaving the club. I cautiously say I want him here & will do what I can to ensure that.

And, finally, the grilling ends.

------------

We've made our first few additions to the club:

Scout Park Jong-Sung, $500/wk through next season. He's a 12a/11p 38 y/o. Hopefully he'll step up our scouting efforts immediately.

Head Physio Adam Rotchstein, $1,100/wk through next season. Language barrier my ass, He's 13 Physio / 14 Motivation / 12 Discipline. A major upgrade from the band-aid and aspirin dispenser we had.

U18s Coach Eddie Johnson, $900/wk through next season. A well-rounded coach that recently ended his playing career with Portland of the MLS after spending most of a decade playing in the U.K.

Physio Lee Kyung-Tae, $600/wk through next season. A decent doc, couldn't motivate starving dogs to fresh meat however. He's here to support Rotchstein.

-------------
And thus ends a long day on the job