View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 09:49 PM   #108
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb, 1614

Graaff-Reinet
– Steppes, 5 dev, fishing, 0.38 made here, Sunni and Andalusian. You get it.

I send these colonists to Xhosa, to the east of Graaf-Reinet and the final holding in the state of the Cape of Good Hope

In two years, our bonus to warscore costs for non-Muslim targets is gone. Anything I want to grab before then? Any targets that make sense?

Naples – The five provinces of Naples are Salerno, next to Napoli, among others. Only one has much value at 19 dev, none of the trade values are that hot. I might get all five in another war. We are looking at 2 Wine, 2 Livestock and 1 Fish.

Two major issues. Naples is allied with Austria and a part of the Anti-Abe coalition, so if we declared war against them, then we’d have to face a major power as well as a whole lot of angry Europeans.

Aragon – I would love to war with Aragon to grab Genoa, with potential targets two holdings in Southern Italy they took from Naples, Lucca, Nice, and Albenga. Due to the high value of Genoa, that might not be annex able in one war barring my bonus.

Aragon’s one ally Is Luneburg, which ain’t nothing. They are also in the same coalition, which include nations such as Austria, Venice, and Holland. I’d have to deal with them, and that’s hard right now.

Morroco? Allied to Mamluks

Venice? In the same coalition

France? Treaty until 1617

So not here then…Abroad? Could a war against, say, Majaphit in the indies or someone in India or Africa make sense?

Kongo right now has no allies, but little land. I could declare war on it, but it’s down to just four provinces. Those are Copper, Gems, Ivory and Slaves, and they are next to me, which works

There’s nothing

11 April – I enter into a Royal Marriage with Jolof

22 May – Alliance with Jolof

This replaces my relations with England

1 July – Our heir gains the strict trait

16 July – Mayumba randomly converted to Sunni after the trading event occurred

4 Oct. – Jolof agrees to be our vassal after I sent a gift and then “improved” their nation and took on their debt

1 Nov – Spices in Manado

1 Jan, 1615 – We embrace Colonial Trade and gain another merchant

I start building up the infrastructure of Jolof

1 Mar – Lesser Namaqualand with Livestock

22 Mar – I kill the natives in Xhosa

1 July – Yamdena – Tea, 10 dev, island in the Moluccas, Sunni, Andalusian, makes 0.60 for us. I order a Mosque here.

I send these colonists to the next islands in the Moluccas state – Buru, and the other two for later are Aru and Sula

With me making like 190 gold a month, I need to increase my cash outflow. I am sending gifts to my vassals and colonial nations, building things in their place and more.

I my earlier dynasty I used all of this spare cash to set up trading posts which can take some cash to commit to. I did that once thus far from Kong. Britain has done it a few times, as did Tuscany, so there is a chance to do so for others.

I pull my colonists from lesser Namaqualand and send them to Roanoke as Britain and France are south, so I move south of Chesapeake.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote