View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 02:20 AM   #93
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

14/15 SEASON REVIEW

Getting more depth and balance in the squad proved more valuable than I had imagined in my wildest dreams. Only a couple occasions did we have to play someone at an unfamiliar position. Some of the new players performed quite well, but most of the success came down to having that depth to plug in where it was needed. While we had injury issues like everybody does, we were not plagued by anything like the rash that started us off in the gutter my first season.

Another key was consistency. In the second half of the year we were actually a little better than the first if anything, while all of our main rivals declined. This squad also showed tremendous fight and determination, rallying from behind time and time again, sometimes twice in the same game. This was clearly on display in our last two contests, where we allowed the first goal both times yet went on to victory. The 0-0 draw away at Persmin in the first Second Phase contest was huge, and a bit underserved. They had immense pressure on us for a while, and had they converted they would likely have made the final instead of us.

Tactically we were at our best creating midfield turnovers and then going on the attack with six, seven guys all able to contribute to creating a shot at the goal. Because of this we excelled at taking advantadge of errant passes by our weaker opponents, but better teams were usually able to keep us out of possession and limit our chances. Clearly we'll need to get better to compete at the next level, where almost everyone we play will fit into the latter group. We were sounder defensively than last year(espescially at the end of the year), but there is still improvement to be made in that.

AWARDS

I was named First Division Coach of the Year, and Sutanto finished Runner-up in the Young Player of the Year voting. Also worth noting is that Sutanto and Yogi were named in the First Division Team of the Year!

BOARD REVIEW

They are absolutely delighted, consider my job untouchable, and won't discuss a new contract.

Annual Training Postives -- Saragih(Defending), Saputra(Tactics), Kombo(Fitness), and Muda(Defending)
Negatives -- Oropka, Ningmabin, Urwan. Two of them won't be back, so who really cares?

Team Meeting: I congratulate them on an amazing year and tell them we plan to stay in Premier Division. Ewangin leads the charge in agreeing, everybody's on cloud nine right now so I think I could have told them they were a bunch of stupid sorry parasitic sacks of entrails and they would have cheered.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote