View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 01:24 AM   #14
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Week 9
S Nate McConnell has finally made a commitment. He will be playing for….

University of Hawaii-Pearl City

I’m shocked! Nate turned down a chance to join an SEC or a Mountain West team to play for a team that is currently 3-4, and 2-2 in the Hawaii Eight? Man. UH-Pearl City is only rated Very Good in academics, and the Aviators have a Very Good prestige. I guess there’s no place like home. Pearl City is only a few miles from Honolulu, so Moanalua students will be able to see one of their own up close and personal.

Week 10
Out of the blue, UH-Kailua, on the east side of the island of Oahu, contacts T Louie Molnar about joining the Cobras as a walk-on. Molnar wants a team with some prestige, and for a Hawaii Eight team, UH-Kailua has it. Distance is a plus for Louie, too; the Cobras are only seven miles over the mountains from Honolulu.

Conference Championship Week
UH-Kailua withdraws their walk-on offer. Looks like Louie Molnar will be playing in Division II.

END OF SEASON REPORT
Wisconsin finishes the year as the only unbeaten team in Division I FBS by beating Georgia 28-18 in the National Championship. In the seven seasons so far in this dynasty, a different team has won it all each time.

Boston College
Boston College finished with a terrible record: 4-7, and 2-4 in the Big East. Pittsburgh wins the conference. They were 10-2, and they went 6-0 in-conference.
WR Scott McSherry was able to play in nine games, but he did not start any of them. He caught three passes for 64 yards and no TDs. His GPA is now up to 2.18.

UH-Pearl City
Nate McConnell’s new team finished at 6-5 overall and 4-3 in the Hawaii Eight. Over the history of this dynasty they are a little below average: 37-41 in six seasons. They did win the conference in 2007 (after finishing next to last in 2006) and went to the New Orleans Bowl, where they lost to North Texas. That is their only bowl appearance to date. Since then the Aviators have been mediocre at best.