View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFLTecmo View Post
I have run two games now, with the second one nearing completion. I mean for this thread to be a place for GM's or prospective GM's to ask questions of the more experienced ones.

For example, in the game I'm running now, I had the question about the seer abilities when it comes to an ongoing conversion.

Hypothetically, let's say there's an unholy mark/Drew/convert possibility out there, and the wolves hit it. Let's also say that the seer's scanning that person the same night. Would they see them light or dark? I decided how I would have handled it, but I want to see what everyone else thinks.

Depending how complex your game is (how many players have roles, and what all occurs during the same phase), it is important at the start of the game for you to decide the order of execution for the game. You don't have to announce what it is (or you can if you want to), but that would help in any case of order conflict at night.

A common one that I usually do (but not always) is:

1) Good villager actions (non-kill)
2) Bad wolf actions (non-kill)
3) Good villager night-kill actions
4) Bad wolf night-kill actions

This way it allows a bodyguard's action to go off, or some other action that a good or bad role may have to inhibit another player's night action first before a night kill.

If I had set my night order this way, in your case, I would have a seer scan the player as good before they got converted that evening.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote