View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 12:55 AM   #147
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Okay, noob question time I guess.

What's the deal with the instant stuff, does it come & go frequently? Checked out the instantwatcher site mentioned a few pages back in the thread & incredibly randomly saw that the 1964 Beckett expires tomorrow, notable since I was just talking about that movie here at home two days ago. The site noted that it was available for streaming for two years, is that kind of normal? long?

I'm showing it as available on mine and nothing about it expiring.

From what I gather, Netflix rotates movies in and out. I don't know if this is a server space issue or part of the deals they cut with the studios. Probably a mix of both.

I'd also be curious to see if movie availability is different for various regions. Netflix uses a content delivery network that is more localized so I can imagine that some of the least requested items might get rotated out of regions for more popular ones as a cost cutting measure. So maybe the servers I pull it from has it while yours doesn't right now. I had a bunch of National Geographic stuff on mine that became unavailable recently.

I'm pretty sure they use user statistics on some of the things so saving items to your instant queue is always a smart move even if it's not currently available.

Last edited by RainMaker : 06-09-2011 at 12:55 AM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote