View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #13
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Card 12: Operations

I use 3 AP's to preempt, leaving us with 1. Family D and C plant corn to try and slow down the enemy. Family A moves deep into Hopi Land in Arizona. Family B does a raid of New Mexico, and gets some horses. Preempting the enemy, combined with our raid, gets the enemy only to 10 AP's. The raid will have to wait.

For the major event, the Apaches have a change of heart, and decide to ally with the Spanish against the Pueblos, and help them fully subjugate the Pueblos. Dirty traitors! Enemy morale increases. Drought affects Hopi Land. The moment of truth is at hand.

Card 13: Operations

This turn will be painful. First, the monster raid. The enemy goes after Family D in Shiprock first. While they burn our crops, Family D sneaks further into Shiprock. Then they go after Family B in San Juan valley. As in Shiprock, Family B retreats further into valley while they destroy our crops. The enemy turns their attention back to Family D. We retreat as far as we can. We can go no further, so if the enemy goes after D, they are in big trouble.

Luckily, they turn their attention back to B. Family B is able to do a major evasive action, and escapes to Canyon de Chelly. Family C is the next target. They retreat as deep as they can get into Monument Valley. The enemy then goes after Family A. We spend our last AP to harass the enemy, which is enough to prevent the enemy from reaching Family A. We lost all our crops, and our families are in terrible position, but they all escaped. Enemy morale drops by 1. Unfortunately, since they went through the Black Mesa area, and we have no presence there, they feel it is safe to build a mission there.

This was followed by an aggressive attempt to colonize the Black Mesa area. They built two more missions there. That is a very remote area, so we are in trouble. Our culture drops by two points.

We are in a bad situation. I would like to do something to get our families back into position, but we need AP's, and the major event favors planning, so I choose planning. We get an elder into the passage of time box. Our elders convince Family A to lower their ferocity, which increases our culture. We use our trade goods to buy sheep, and spend 2 AP's to gain 3 more trade goods, thanks to our Sharp Trader card.

For the major event, we have a Shaman. This only activates if you used planning, and is an awesome event. We can take the top three cards off the deck, and arrange them in any order we want. It is two Ceremony cards and an Operations card. I set it up so that I can discard the first Ceremony, take the second, and I plan on doing a passage of time with the operations card.

The scouts say another major raid is coming. We have mission problems in Black Mesa, no crops, and our families are in terrible position. However, our military situation is pretty good, so things aren't quite as bleak as they seem.

Last edited by Umbrella : 10-29-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote