Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 05:56 PM   #416
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Officially got wife's results today from last Friday's scan (she'd already talked to the NP and read the whole report in her 'portal'): no signs of any new/emerging cancer. So we exhale and start preparing for her next scan in early January (would be December but fuck it, we'll wait instead of doing it between Xmas and New Years)

Also met with the "pallative care team" today for the first time. That experience was fairly positive -- let's think of them as troubleshooters and facilitators -- certainly much better than the gloomy meeting with them that we were kinda prepared for based on the scarce explanation of their purpose we'd gotten so far.

So all in all good news from the scan, still working (her, me, all of us) on figuring out exactly how to process the roller coaster that goes with knowing your next ride is already booked. That's a process, for damned sure.