View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 01:14 PM   #118
Dutch
"Dutch"

@ChiefRum - I would like to think they are not failing either. I mean, we are clearly in a better place on hate than we were in the 1940's and in a better place with race than in the 1960's...but I could list about every single demographic known to us (White, black, Liberal, Conservative, Rich, Poor, Male, Female, Irresponsible Parents, No parents, Too much Government, Too little Government, Corporations, Labor Unions, Cops, Criminals, Religious, Atheists, Southerners, Northerners, etc.) and find a significant portion of the population believe (pick your demographic) is the problem. Basically, I see a whole lot of finger-pointing that suggests these things are failing. And in the absence of a drumbeat of the reality (be it progression or regression), the drumbeat of perception becomes the reality. At least in the minds of the extreme. Pretty hard to win that battle against extremism when we keep pounding the population with a near frenzy of (social) media finger-pointing about who's good and who's evil, especially when 99% of the people we blame haven't done a damned thing to receive discredit for that blame.

Anyway, mostly just venting...I wish there was an easy button.

Last edited by Dutch : 06-19-2015 at 01:17 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote