View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #22
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
13 lbs in 3 weeks is fantastic! Keep doing what you're doing and you'll get there in no time. I like the idea of setting mini-goals until we reach our desired weight. Seeing it as several 10 lb losses as opposed to one big 70 lb chunk seems so much easier.

When I lost a lot of weight a few years ago, I think one of the things that really helped is that, since I was at school, I only weighed myself when I went home (about once a month since I was 25 mins away). So I was seeing my weight drop in about 10 lb increments. I think one of the ways people get off their plan (and this is something that happened to me) is that they weigh themselves daily, and don't see the progress. Or with one bad week where they don't lose anything, or even gain a couple, they get discouraged and fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
So umm... will anyone else be posting pics? I kinda dreaded posting my true weight and then a pic, but felt like I had to as a sort of motivation. I'm planning on posting my progress on a weekly basis and posting a pic on a monthly basis to see results.

Well I wouldn't mind, but I don't really have a recent pic that would be good for this. But you shouldn't worry. Don't you have a husband on this board?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote