View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 08:06 AM   #2655
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I think in the end, I probably would agree that it probably was a little easier for the bad guys than I would have liked this game.. however I think a big part of that isn't the game design fault as much as the bad guys made good use of most of their tools. They used the UMB fully, they used items to about 75% of their effectiveness, the only tool they didn't really use was their cash in trying to bribe votes off of neutrals that were dependant on cash.

I think the good guys in some cases used the UMB ok, but in most cases didn't. Anxiety for instance who did reach his goal during the game was one of the better users of the UMB and it paid off for him. The Good guys really didn't use the items very well to their effectiveness, and I think they didn't get full use out of the judge/detective infrastructure which was a game breaker. Partially due to losing a detective day 1.

I think the things I would change as far as design goes would probably have been to cut back a little bit on a role or two that I thought was a bit too strong for the bad guys.. but I think most of the problems was that I obviously did not convey how important items were in this game. If the key roles had spent money on getting bulletproof vests, the bad guys could likely had been restricted to either 1 kill every 3 days or 2 every 3 days depending on who they converted over.

I guess I would have loved to have seen all of the detectives getting bulletproof vests, the banker getting one and a bigger push from people to try to get judges in. I think thats one thing I made a bit too hard was with so many neutral roles in with the bad guys, it was really tough to elect a judge at the beginning. I should have perhaps used a different method of getting a judge in I think, so there wern't so many days with -no- judge.

Thanks for the comments, and I'm interested in any others also. It helps me with future games. I hope everyone enjoyed it, I didn't necessarily enjoy it as much as my last one, but I think that is because of other reasons not related to WW right now.

I also hope Narcizo and Bsak keep playing as well as King continuing to come back and play again with us some more in the future. And I also hope those who get frustrated at other players in the game don't use it as a reason to not play anymore. Its easy to get riled up at each other in a game where you make direct accusations. I hope each game people can try to wipe the slate clean and start over again when possible.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote