View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 12:16 AM   #123
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In their presser, their coach admits that I played successful mind games on him and he needs to work on doing better with the pressure. Now we need to get ready for the real game against Genk. We are seen as strong favorites for the match vs Genk. I’ll be moving back Mexer, Skolnik, and Adriano into the starting roster.

If we win today, we make it out with two games to go. They have lousy morale, we’ve beat them before, and three key injuries. We can win this. Counter worked last time, so I start with it this time – we are in the road after all. We have a nice drive early that ends with a great GK move by our foes. After knocking on the door all day, Rondon puts it away in the 39th after a corner kick goes wrong and is knocked back, a header from Defederico in the back of the box sets him up. Half time, 1-0 us. I move to defensive in the 67th. I sub in Javi and Reginaldo for Defederico and Candeais. I tell my guys to start tackling hard and tighter marking. Skolnik feeds Adriano for a goal in the 80th, but its called offsides. My team thinks it was onsides, but them’s the brakes. Regilando scores from a Rondon assist off a break in the 83rd instead. And that’s it! We win 2-0, MOM is Rondon with a goal and an assist.

We have been to European play three times previously. Twice, we were knocked out prior to the group stage. Today, we went 4-0 in the first four games in our stage, and have been qualified with two games to go. We won another 200k. How many other teams went 4-0 in their first four games?

Everton
Nacional da Madeira

That’s it.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote