View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 11:35 PM   #130
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

League Cup was drawn, and we are in a group with Maritimo, Portimonense and Ferreira. Benfica and Sporting re in the same group – at least one Big Three club will be out. Braga and Porto have groups to themselves. Porto has a laughingly easy group. We can win, but Fereirra is 9th and Maritomo 3rd right now, with Portimonense a respectable 9th. That’s not bad at all.

The first game, Maritimo, was added to our schedule for the 28th. We are away for it.

I’ve gotten the press to believe that I got under the new Maritimo manager’s skin last time, so I push it again this time. This is our final match in 2014. I start defensive. I want to see what’s up. I’ll show you the table next. They get a yellow in the first minute of play. The Maritimo League Cup match in last December was the crazy 5-4 game. I take nothing for granted this time around. Candeais hits Rondon for a score in the 4th minute. But we can’t relax at all. Rondon crosses to Adriano, who is blocked by a defender, who scores an OG in the 2th. Two minutes later, Luis Martins is injured and I replace him with Carlos Mariano. Lots of minor stuff from both sides ensues, with a few corners and IFKs that amount to little. Rondon is injured too, in heads Djaniny Half time. You can do even better! They score a goal in the 59th. They collect a pair of yellows next. I want to keep my last sub in case of another injury. Adriano with a critical miss at the 80th mark. Daniel C puts this away five minutes later. I put in Sousa. We win 3-1. MOM is Daniel Candeais. Nicley done! We won, dominatinglt, on the roa,d in a defensive formation.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote